I wanted to reset all data and settings on my iPhone, so I went to the Settings >> General >> Reset Data function within the iPhone to do so, thinking that all would be fine. After I did that, my iPhone showed a moving progress bar for a long while, but then displayed the Apple logo when it was completed, and froze at that screen.
I tried giving it a reset by holding down both the power and home buttons, but that did not work. So I had to restore my iPhone in the end — here’s what I did:
- Launch iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Turn off your iPhone (by holding down both the POWER and HOME buttons)
- Turn on the iPhone while holding down to the HOME button
- CONTINUE TO HOLD the HOME button until the phone enters Recovery mode
- Restore your iPhone with iTunes. This will reinstall the OS.
That solved my iPhone problem for me, and brought my iPhone back to life.
- How To Install and Run ScummVM on the iPhone (or iPod Touch)
- Can’t Call Out With The iPhone? How To Fix To The Call Failed Problem with iPhone
- How To Fix iTunes Problem: Installation Issue
- What Does Blue Square Icon or Blue E Icon on iPhone Mean?
- How To Fix The Problem Of Icons Disappearing in Your Mac’s Dock